How to Use a Camping Coffee Percolator
We may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you when you buy through links on our website. Learn more
Using a coffee percolator while camping is a great way to make sure you have a hot cup of coffee in the morning.
However, it is important to know how to use one properly so that you can avoid any problems. In this blog post, we will give you tips on how to use a camping coffee percolator.
By following these tips, you will be able to make a great cup of coffee without any issues.
- Read the instructions that come with your percolator before using it. This will help you understand how the percolator works and what parts you need to use.
- Fill the percolator with cold water. You want to avoid using hot water as this can cause the coffee to taste bitter.
- Add ground coffee to the basket inside the percolator. Make sure to not add too much as this can also lead to a bitter taste.
- Place the percolator over low heat and wait for it to start boiling. Once it reaches a boil, lower the heat and let it simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- After 3-5 minutes, turn off the heat and let the coffee sit for another minute before serving.
- Serve the coffee into mugs and enjoy!
- If you want a stronger cup of coffee, simply let it simmer for longer before serving.
- If you want weaker coffee, add more water when filling the percolator up initially.
- If you find that your coffee is too bitter, try using less ground coffee or boiling the water beforehand and then letting it cool before adding it to the percolator (this will remove some of the bitterness).
- When storing your percolator, make sure to clean it out thoroughly so that there is no leftover coffee grounds or water inside of it. This will help prevent mold from growing inside of it.
We hope that these tips on how to use a camping coffee percolator have been helpful! Remember to follow these tips so that you can make a great cup of coffee while camping without any issues.